THANK YOU BEATRAVELING!
Mind you, BEATRAVELING’s web site is a bit deceptive, because when you first look at it, you might think there’s not much there. But just go to the drop down list of “Countries” in the right hand column, and you’ll see this girl has been all over the world!
I’ve never heard of the Liebster Award, but since it involves talking about myself, and about my favorite overlooked blogs… hey, why not? right?
The rules for the award are:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you, with a link back to his/her blog
2) Answer the 11 questions your nominator asks you
3) Nominate 5–11 bloggers with under 500 Twitter followers
4) Create 11 questions for your nominees
5) Display the Liebster Award logo on your page
6) List these 6 rules in your blog post
So I’m done with 1), 5) and 6), now let’s get to the questions:
Big city or in the middle of nowhere?
I’ll be evasive and say “both.” Each offers something different, but both are appealing.
Travel solo or with company?
🙂 I’ve got two kids, what do you think?
Hotel suite or bunk bed?
I’d have to say suite, though I’ve done bunk beds, benches in parks, and floors in monasteries (a very long time ago).
Top notch restaurant or food stall?
Actually, food stall is just fine, though we usually try to stay in places that have full kitchens, like this little place we rented for a week in Madrid through HomeAway, which sadly does not seem to be on the market anymore. Then we find a local grocery store, load up on essential, and cook our own food.
Head above or below water?
Above water, though the one time I tried snorkeling, I did like it.
By land or by air?
By land, if possible, but it’s hard to get to Europe from the U.S. this way.
On a flight, sleep or entertainment?
I find it hard to sleep on airplanes, so I either watch movies or read.
Near or far away places?
You can find beautiful places everywhere you go, be it a five-minute walk from where you are, or on the other side of the globe. You just have to know how to look for them.
Plan ahead or decide as you go?
We try to plan lodging ahead of time, at least a week in advance. Everything else – where to go, where to eat – sometimes it’s decided the evening before.
Budget or sky is the limit?
Oh, I wish sky were the limit, but we do have to stay within a budget.
On day trips, tour group or on your own?
If we’re in a city for just one day, we usually try to do a bus tour, but other than that, we go our on ways, at our own pace.
And NOW IT IS TIME FOR …. #BLOGSPOTLIGHT …. ta dah!
Now the fun part – nominating fellow bloggers! 🙂
My nominees are:
# # #
And the questions are:
1) What is the first trip you remember? How old were you?
2) Did you always love traveling or did it grow on you?
3) What was your last trip? (feel free to include a photo)
4) Where are you planning to go next?
5) What do you use to take photos? Do you have a professional camera or do you use a smartphone?
6) How many countries have you been to?
7) Which places do you always recommend to friends to visit?
8) What was your favorite mountain you climbed? (feel free to include a photo)
9) What was the favorite museum you visited? (feel free to include a photo)
10) Do you have an Instagram of a Flickr account?
11) What places do you have on your #bucketlist?
Thank you very much for participating. Looking forward to your replies! 🙂